September 5, 2017 - The Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities issues a press release on the Emergency Preparedness Toolkit for People with Disabilities. To view the press release please vist the Emergency Preparedness Toolkit section of our website.
July 24, 2017 - Please visit the Emergency Preparedness Toolkit section of our website to see the Council's toolkit for persons with disabilities and other resources.
The Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities was created by the state legislature in 1989. Its mission, established by state statute 46.29 is to:
- Develop and implement a state plan for services to people with physical disabilities.
- Advise and make recommendations to state agencies on relevant legislation.
- Promote public awareness about the abilities of and barriers to people with physical disabilities.
- Encourage the development of programs and policies that prevent physical disabilities.
- And submit recommendations in an annual report to the state legislature.
For More Information, Please Contact:
1 W. Wilson Street, Room 551
Madison, Wisconsin 53703
TTY/TDD/Relay: WI Relay 711