May 2018: The Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities conducted a training on the national and Wisconsin physical disabilities movement. To view the training and PowerPoint, visit the Resources section of our website.
June 5, 2018: The Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities updated the Emergency Preparedness Toolkit and created new materials available on the Emergency Preparedness Toolkit section of our website.
January 15, 2019: The Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities State Plan for People with Physical Disabilities 2019-2021 is now available.
The Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities was created by the state legislature in 1989. Its mission, established by Wisconsin state statute 46.29 is to:
- Develop and implement a state plan for services to people with physical disabilities.
- Advise and make recommendations to state agencies on relevant legislation.
- Promote public awareness about the abilities of and barriers to people with physical disabilities.
- Encourage the development of programs and policies that prevent physical disabilities.
- And submit recommendations in an annual report to the state legislature.
For More Information, Please Contact:
1 W. Wilson Street, Room 551
Madison, Wisconsin 53703
TTY/TDD/Relay: WI Relay 711