March 19, 2019: Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities is pleased to announce the Dan Johnson Advocacy Award. Full award criteria and nomination application are now available.
March 2019: The Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities received a grant to produce, distribute, and present on the Emergency Preparedness Toolkit. More information is available on the Emergency Preparedness Toolkit webpage.
January 15, 2019: The Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities State Plan for People with Physical Disabilities 2019-2021 is now available.
May 2018: The Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities conducted a training on the national and Wisconsin physical disabilities movement. To view the training and PowerPoint, visit the Resources section of our website.
The Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities was created by the state legislature in 1989. Its mission, established by Wisconsin state statute 46.29 is to:
- Develop and implement a state plan for services to people with physical disabilities.
- Advise and make recommendations to state agencies on relevant legislation.
- Promote public awareness about the abilities of and barriers to people with physical disabilities.
- Encourage the development of programs and policies that prevent physical disabilities.
- And submit recommendations in an annual report to the state legislature.
For More Information, Please Contact:
1 W. Wilson Street, Room 551
Madison, Wisconsin 53703
TTY/TDD/Relay: WI Relay 711