June 5, 2018 - The Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities updated the Emergency Preparedness Toolkit and created new materials available on the Emergency Preparedness Toolkit section of our website.
June 8, 2018 - See Council members present on the Emergency Preparedness Toolkit. Visit: https://independencefirst.teachable.com; create a username and password; and watch the Be Prepared Have a Plan Webinar Training. Videos are closed-captioned.
June 14, 2018 - Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities Annual Report for State Fiscal Year 2017 is now available.
The Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities was created by the state legislature in 1989. Its mission, established by state statute 46.29 is to:
- Develop and implement a state plan for services to people with physical disabilities.
- Advise and make recommendations to state agencies on relevant legislation.
- Promote public awareness about the abilities of and barriers to people with physical disabilities.
- Encourage the development of programs and policies that prevent physical disabilities.
- And submit recommendations in an annual report to the state legislature.
For More Information, Please Contact:
1 W. Wilson Street, Room 551
Madison, Wisconsin 53703
TTY/TDD/Relay: WI Relay 711