August 2019: Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities responds to reasonable accommodation request being denied to state Representative Jimmy Anderson, visit the Resources section of our website.
May 2019: Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities received a grant to produce, distribute, and present on the Emergency Preparedness Toolkit and has recently updated content. More information is available on the Emergency Preparedness Toolkit webpage.
March 2019: Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities is pleased to announce the Dan Johnson Advocacy Award. Full award criteria and nomination application are now available.
January 2019: Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities State Plan for People with Physical Disabilities 2019-2021 is now available.
The Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities was created by the state legislature in 1989. Its mission, established by Wisconsin state statute 46.29 is to:
- Develop and implement a state plan for services to people with physical disabilities.
- Advise and make recommendations to state agencies on relevant legislation.
- Promote public awareness about the abilities of and barriers to people with physical disabilities.
- Encourage the development of programs and policies that prevent physical disabilities.
- And submit recommendations in an annual report to the state legislature.
For More Information, Please Contact:
1 W. Wilson Street, Room 551
Madison, Wisconsin 53703
TTY/TDD/Relay: WI Relay 711
Please note: The Council on Physical Disabilities (CPD) values your input on program, policies, and legislation that impacts people with disabilities. The CPD works on and recommends changes in disability programs and policies. The CPD does not provide: financial assistance, direct service provision, oversight, legal advice, or enforcement of business, facilities, providers, or services in violation of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).